Gift Card Policy
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital Edwin & Margaret gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through the Edwin & Margaret website (www.edwinandmargaret.com).
3. Edwin & Margaret reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Edwin & Margaret gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Edwin & Margaret gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Edwin & Margaret gift cards remain the property of Edwin & Margaret who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your Edwin & Margaret gift card can be redeemed on www.edwinandmargaret.com, provided the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable.
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
6. The maximum amount that an individual Edwin & Margaret gift card can hold is £500.00; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers. For gift cards purchased online, Edwin & Margaret will provide you with specific denominations to choose from.
7. Your Edwin & Margaret gift card is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of activation (which for in-store shall be the date of the gift card purchase, and for online, the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
8. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
9. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of a purchase online.
10. Only one gift card may be used per online order. To transfer the balances from multiple gift cards onto a single gift card, please contact our Customer Service team.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
11. You are solely responsible for the safekeeping and security of your gift card following delivery. In cases where your Edwin & Margaret gift card is lost or stolen, Edwin & Margaret is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Edwin & Margaret cannot be held responsible for any balance lost on an Edwin & Margaret gift card as a result of theft or fraud. All Edwin & Margaret gift cards have a unique PIN number hidden by a security panel on the back of the card which is required for online purchases. Edwin& Margaret cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number and/ or PIN have become known to another party.
12. Should your Edwin & Margaret gift card become damaged, Edwin & Margaret will be able to replace the card providing you still have the card in your possession and the necessary details can be obtained.
Crediting a Molton Brown gift card
13. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that is subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new Edwin & Margaret gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
14. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using an Edwin & Margaret gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Edwin & Margaret gift card in the first instance.
15. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Edwin & Margaret gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
17. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.